[OYAN] OYAN Winter Meeting Jan.27 Eugene Public Library

Kris Lutsock kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us
Wed Jan 18 14:17:46 PST 2012

Cross-posted on memberclicks:
Hello All.  Please join us at OYAN’s Winter Meeting at the Eugene Public Library on Friday, January 27th.  The meeting will go from 11am-3pm and we will share resources, discuss upcoming events, and look at the OYAN Book Rave’s first round of voting.  This is a fun meeting with a lot of talk about this year’s teen lit.
Address: Eugene Public Library, 100 West 10th Avenue Eugene, OR 97401.  ph. (541) 484-1452
For lunch, host Traci Glass thought we could all walk somewhere close.  There are a few places to choose from, and it would give us an opportunity to get a little break from the building.  Nearby there is Burrito Boy<http://www.allmenus.com/or/eugene-springfield/275642-burrito-boy/menu/>, New Odyssey<http://newodyssey.us/index.html>, Viva Vegetarian Grill<http://www.eugenecooks.com/> (a local food cart), and the local grocery next door, The Kiva<http://kivagrocery.com/sandwich/>, does freshly made sandwiches, has a deli, and does fresh soups each day.  Finally, there’s a cute little new café that just opened up a block away – Sine Cure Café<http://sinecuracafe.weebly.com/index.html> (My apologies for those of you receiving this in digest form, as the links to the restaurants probably are not live.  You’ll have to copy and paste).

Driving instructions:
North of Eugene:
I-5 South to exit 194B
Take exit 194B to merge onto I-105 W/​OR-126 W toward Eugene
Continue to follow I-105 W
Continue onto Jefferson St
Turn left onto W 10th Ave
Destination will be on the right

From Bend:
OR-126 E/​McKenzie Hwy to I-105 W
Continue to follow I-105W
Continue onto Jefferson St
Turn left onto W 10th Ave
Destination will be on the right

From the Southern Coast:
US-101 N to OR-38 E to I-5 N to I-105 W

From the Northern Coast:
US-101 S to US-26 E to OR-217 S to I-5 S to I-105 W

Parking: Unfortunately, there is no unlimited free parking for the library.  There is free 2-hour parking in the blocks around the library, but the parking patrol is pretty vigilant and will ticket.  Traci suggests the parking garage directly under the library; there’s a box for you to pay by credit card or cash down there.  Also, 2 blocks north of the library on West side of Charnelton there is a parking garage that’s similar to the one under the library.
Let me know what other info you need!

Conference call in has also been arranged for 11-3 p.m.
•             Dial 888.285.4585 to call in.
•             Participants call and use Participant Access Code: 95472

Kris Lutsock
Oregon Young Adult Network Chair
McMinnville Public Library
kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us<mailto:kris.lutsock at ci.mcminnville.or.us>