[OYAN] Tidbits from the Library World, Part 2: April Events

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Mar 21 09:26:43 PDT 2012

Hello! The school library tidbits email below from my colleague Jen Maurer may be of particular interest to public libraries too. In it you will find information about and resources for School Library Month, Poetry Month, Dia de los ninos, and the Reading for Earth program. In addition, I would like to remind you that the State Library houses the Oregon Poetry Collection and has create 2 poetry posters libraries can download and print to promote Oregon poetry.

Here is a link to the posters, which are available in standard 11 x 8.5 as well as 22 x 28: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/oregon.poetry.collection.shtml#Print_Oregon_Poetry_Posters

Here is a link to information on the Oregon Poetry Collection, including how to check out materials from the State Library: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/oregon.poetry.collection.shtml

Enjoy,
Katie