[OYAN] Book Rave Round Two!

AIMEE MEUCHEL AMEUCHEL at ci.tualatin.or.us
Fri Nov 2 14:21:59 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

This is coming to you from a post-Dia de lost Muertos haze.  Please forgive any errors.

Attached is the Book Rave nominations spreadsheet.  New recommendations are in red.  Previously suggested titles with a new nomination will get a red addition to the nominations number (always welcome as these might prompt others to give the book a try).  Also included are the month and year of publication, author's name, and the book's genre. Also included is a "tags" field on the spreadsheet, in case a one word genre description just doesn't do it justice.

If you can't open up the attachment (which seems to be commonplace with those of you receiving this in the digest form), e-mail me and I can send you the file directly to your e-mail.

When nominating a book, please include the author, title, genre, and month and year of publication.   I can't stress this last part enough.  I spend an inordinate amount of time looking this stuff up.   For those of you who you it, Ingram can give you the month and day of publication. Librarything.com (or Librarything for Libraries if you are lucky enough to have it) is a great place to find genres and tags.

Books published between November 1st 2011 and October 31st, 2012 are considered for the Book Rave.  Please double-check those publication dates.  Anything coming out from this point forward, save for the 2014 Rave!

Send all nominations to ameuchel at ci.tualatin.or.us<mailto:ameuchel at ci.tualatin.or.us> .  The last day to nominate a title is December 1st.

I wanted to direct you all to all to the OYAN blog<http://oyanpeeps.wordpress.com/>.  Synapses and covers of many of the nominated titles can be found here, along with other great content.  Here is the URL: http://oyanpeeps.wordpress.com/.

Here's some official dates to remember:
*       Dec. 1: Nominations close.
*       Dec. 15: Preliminary voting opens.
*       Jan. 15: Preliminary voting closes.

Again, please send all nominations to ameuchel at ci.tualatin.or.us<mailto:ameuchel at ci.tualatin.or.us>.

Aimee Meuchel
Teen Services Librarian
City of Tualatin | Tualatin Public Library
18878 SW Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062-7092
503-691-3083 | www.ci.tualatin.or.us<http://www.ci.tualatin.or.us>