[OYAN] Announcing the 2015 summer reading slogans and 2016 theme (and a reminder for 2014)

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Apr 22 10:20:28 PDT 2013

Hello! Abbie, Rick, and I just returned from the 2013 Collaborative Summer Library Program Annual Meeting. At this meeting we used your suggested summer reading slogans and themes to vote to select the 2015 slogans and 2016 theme (see below). We will be emailing a report on the 2013 CSLP Annual Meeting next month so please be on the lookout for that.

The 2016 general theme is FITNESS

The 2015 general theme is HEROES
The Children's Slogan is Every Hero Has a Story
The Teen Slogan is Unmask!
The Adult Slogan is Escape the Ordinary

The 2014 general theme is SCIENCE
The Children's Slogan is Fizz, Boom, Read!
The Teen Slogan is Spark a Reaction
The Adult Slogan is Literary Elements

The 2013 general theme is UNDERGROUND
The Children's Slogan is Dig into Reading
The Teen Slogan is Beneath the Surface
The Adult Slogan is Ground Breaking Reads

All Oregon public, volunteer, and tribal libraries are members of the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP), and receive a free summer reading manual.  To get the most out of your membership, create an account on the CSLP website (http://www.cslpreads.org/) and you will be able to access additional summer reading resources. CSLP membership dues and manual fees are paid for by the State Library with LSTA funds. Summer reading manuals are distributed by OLA's Children's Services Division, and both CSD and OYAN members represent you on CSLP committees and at the CSLP annual meeting.

For more information contact one of your CSLP representatives:

  *   Jessica Marie, CSD Summer Reading Chair: Jmarie at cityofsalem.net<mailto:Jmarie at cityofsalem.net>
  *   Rick Samuelson, CSD Summer Reading Incoming Chair: ricks at wccls.org<mailto:ricks at wccls.org>
  *   Abbie Anderson, OYAN CSLP Chair: aanderson at cclsd.org<mailto:aanderson at cclsd.org>
  *   Katie Anderson, CSLP Oregon State Representative: katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>