[OYAN] programming question

april witteveen aprilw at dpls.lib.or.us
Fri Aug 30 16:43:59 PDT 2013

Hi Celine,
I've had two very successful teen lock-ins after hours here at the Downtown Bend Public Library.  I've attached the permission form we use.  The first year we had 120 teens and only 5 adults (yikes!) so this year we had 10 adults at the ready but only had 65 teens show-- so we sent a couple adults home.  I'd say having one adult for every ten - dozen or so teens would feel good to us.

In order to get out of the library after a long, late night we try to get all the teens into one part of the library for the last half hour or so of the program so some of the adults can begin cleaning up (and some nice teens generally pitch in).

Feel free to email me back off-list if you'd like more info.
Have fun, this sounds like a blast!

April Witteveen
Community Librarian
Deschutes Public Library