[OYAN] Mandela--a guide for libraries for children and teens

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Dec 19 10:27:11 PST 2013

Posted on behalf of the African Studies Center.
Hello,

Soon after Mandela's passing--what a loss for us all--Brenda Randolph and I set to work to create a K-12 Resource Guide to Nelson Mandela, Apartheid and the Struggle for Freedom [attached]. This is the teachable moment and an appropriate time for selecting the best resources for young people. The URL is  http://www.bu.edu/africa/outreach  The guide was created with pre-K-12 in mind.

The authors of the guide: I direct the program in public education on Africa at BU's African Studies Ctr, while Brenda Randolph is a retired school librarian and the founder and host of the best website for pre-K-12 books on Africa -- www.africaccessreview.org<http://www.africaccessreview.org/>

We would like librarians, especially those who serve young people to have this resource, so that others can learn and think about this extraordinary man and his people.

Barbara B. Brown, Ph.D.
Director of the Outreach Program
African Studies Center, Boston University
232 Bay State Road
Boston, MA 02215
617-353-7303
For teaching materials on Africa: