[OYAN] Reminder: Graphic Rave Nominations!

GLASS Traci L Traci.L.Glass at ci.eugene.or.us
Thu May 23 18:56:35 PDT 2013

Sorry, I forgot to attach the spreadsheet!  Here it is again...

Hi, all!

Just a friendly reminder to keep sending me nominations for our Graphic Rave - OYAN's annual list of the best graphic novels, comics and manga for teens.  Here's a useful bit of information I forgot to include in my first email:  books must have been published between May 1, 2012 and April 30, 2013 to be considered for this Graphic Rave list.

Attached is the Graphic Rave nominations spreadsheet.  New recommendations are in red and those in green are books that fall outside of the publishing window.  Also included are the month and year of publication, author's name, and the book's genre. There's a "tags" field on the spreadsheet, in case a one word genre description just doesn't do it justice as well as a publisher field since one of our criteria will be highlighting works published by independent and smaller publishers as well as publishers located in the Pacific Northwest.

When nominating a book, please include the author, title, genre, month and year of publication and publisher.   Send all nominations to traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us<mailto:traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us>.  The last day to nominate a title is June 1st.

Here are some official dates to remember:
*           June 1: Nominations close.
*           June 15: Preliminary voting opens.
*           July 15: Preliminary voting closes.

Again, please send all nominations to traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us<mailto:traci.l.glass at ci.eugene.or.us>.  Also, feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!
Traci

P.S.  We could use some more manga recommendations - so, all you manga people out there - get to reading!!  :)

Traci Glass
Teen Services Librarian
Eugene Public Library
100 West 10th Avenue