[OYAN] Nominated books for the 2015 Oregon Battle of the Books

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Oct 16 08:38:24 PDT 2013

Teachers and Librarians - have your say!!
Nominate books you want to see on the OBOB 2015 book list in all 3 divisions: Grades 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
The OBOB Committee is currently gathering Oregon Battle of the Book title nominations for the 2014-15 school year list. Nominations are due by November 15, but sooner is better because the committee reads the books before their title selection meetings in November, January and February. Keep in mind that they need the books to be in paperback in order to make it an affordable program. If it is a series book, the first in the series is the one they usually use. You may nominate up to three books in each division.
Attached is the archive list for titles used since 2008. Titles in bold on that list can be re-nominated as we used them over four years ago. We try for a balance of genres. Each book needs to be detailed or long enough to support the writing of 80 quality questions and should have high appeal to kids all over Oregon. If you have a good non-fiction title for each division, feel free to add a 4th title to each division. We try to have non-fiction, but struggle with the right kind of books to support the competition.

Students and other readers of children's and YA lit are welcome to nominate titles, in addition to teachers and librarians, so spread the word and invite your readers to participate in the process.
To nominate titles, fill out the form located here: http://tinyurl.com/2015OBOBtitles
Questions? Email oboblsta at gmail.com<mailto:oboblsta at gmail.com>

[cid:image001.png at 01CECA4A.BF63EA30]
Pick up your 2014 summer reading manual<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/youthsvcs/oregon.srp.certificate.aspx#Summer_Reading_Manuals_> and get science programming training at
OLA's Children's Services Division's fall workshop<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_149058>
Saturday, October 19, 2013 at Tigard Public Library