[OYAN] Professional development opportunities for the rest of October

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Oct 17 11:54:59 PDT 2013

Hi! My colleague Darci sends out a bi-monthly email about FREE online professional development opportunities.

These are specific to youth services (details below in Darci's email):

·         October 21 (9-10 am) / Holy Bagumba! An exclusive webcast with beloved children's book authors Kate DiCamillo and Jon Scieszka

·         October 23 (11-12 pm) / Possibilities of Mobile (Series): Mobile Games, Gamefulness, and Place-based Learning

·         October 23 (12-1 pm) / Teen Volunteer Programs: There's More than Simply Shelving!

·         October 24 (11a -12 pm) / National Geographic Presents...Fun with Nonfiction and the Common Core

·         October 24 (11:30am-1 pm) / Early STEM Learning in Library Programs for Young Children

·         October 30 (12p - 1pm) / Ready for Reading: New Early Literacy Resources

These are not specific to youth services, but are distinctly related to trends in youth services (details below in Darci's email):

·         October 21 (11-12 pm) / Nuts & Bolts of Social Media

·         October 23 (9-10 am) / Stay safe and browse dangerously [online]

·         October 28 (11-12 pm) / Conversation Sparks: STEM in Libraries

[cid:image007.png at 01CECB2E.DF48FE00]
Pick up your 2014 summer reading manual<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/youthsvcs/oregon.srp.certificate.aspx#Summer_Reading_Manuals_> and get science programming training at
OLA's Children's Services Division's fall workshop<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_149058>
Saturday, October 19, 2013 at Tigard Public Library