[OYAN] EdWeb Webinar about STEM Activities on 2/19

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Feb 14 09:07:33 PST 2014

EdWeb is an online professional learning network for K12 educators and administrators. They have many communities - including a couple aimed at school librarians - and each regularly offers webinars. Anyone can participate in a webinar for free, and archived recordings are available to community members. Membership is free. I know there is interest among public library staff in supporting STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), so I thought you might be interested in this upcoming webinar. It is aimed at K12 educators, but I suspect some of the ideas could work in public libraries.

If interested, you can register here: http://www.instantpresenter.com/AccountManager/RegEv.aspx?PIID=EC55DA898448.

You can view the calendar of other offerings from the EdWeb homepage: http://home.edweb.net/.

Igniting the Spark! Build, Play, Learn - Fun STEM Activities for School Year & Summer Programs

Wednesday, February 19, 2014
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM (Pacific Time)

Presented by Laura Briggs, Technology Resource Teacher, Loudoun County Public Schools, Leesburg, Virginia

In our community's next webinar, Technology Resource Teacher Laura Briggs will explore ideas and resources for incorporating STEM projects and hands-on activities into science and math while integrating mobile tools. Plans and implementation ideas will be shared for organizing a school-wide STEM program, STEM nights, and STEM summer camps. Find out how to combine discovery, exploration, and hands-on building activities using the design process, iPad apps, and virtual simulations along with a MakerSpace environment to enable students to collaborate and demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving. Join Laura on February 19 to learn how to spark student interest in science, technology, engineering and math with mobile learning resources.

Sponsored by Filament Games
Co-hosted by CoSN, ISTE SIGML, and SIIA

Join the Mobile Learning Explorations<http://www.edweb.net/mobilelead> community to access the webinar recording and resources.

FYI,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
503.378.5011
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>

OSLIS || www.oslis.org
Learn to research. Research to learn.(c)