[OYAN] Mutt-i-grees in the Library
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Jan 17 15:18:54 PST 2014
"Mutt-i-grees(r) in the Library is an exciting [PK-12] initiative that builds on children's affinity for animals and highlights the unique characteristics and desirability of shelter dogs - Mutt-i-grees(r) - to teach essential social and emotional skills. It is an extension of the Mutt-i-grees(r) Movement and the Mutt-i-grees(r) Curriculum...
Mutt-i-grees(r) in the Library is unique in its bridging of humane education and the field of social and emotional learning. It is based on the research on resiliency and human-animal interactions and is an initiative of The Pet Savers Foundation, the program development arm of Animal League America, and was developed in collaboration with Yale University School of the 21st Century...
Libraries implementing Mutt-i-grees(r) programming may select from a range of different activities and ideas. Examples include:
* Circulate the Mutt-i-gree(r) Puppet Kit
* Create a collection of books related to dogs in general, and shelter dogs in particular, and designate a
Mutt-i-grees(r) reading area
* Invite guest speakers from local shelters, rescue groups, and therapy dog organizations to present to children and families
* Conduct contests, clubs, summer reading challenges, and special events
* Offer hands-on activities involving crafts, storytimes, yoga, exploration, and service learning for children and teens
* Provide opportunities for family involvement, community connections, and school-library collaboration...
Each library is eligible to request one (1) complimentary Mutt-i-grees(r) in the Library kit, while supplies last. Kits include one (1) Mutt-i-grees(r) backpack, one (1) Mutt-i-grees(r) plush puppet, one (1) poster, and one (1) binder of activity plans."
Request a kit: http://education.muttigrees.org/request-library-kit
School Library Consultant
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us>
OSLIS || www.oslis.org
Learn to research. Research to learn.(c)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OYAN