[OYAN] 2015 ORCA Winners Announced

Sonja Somerville ssomerville at cityofsalem.net
Wed Apr 22 09:16:52 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of the ORCA Committee. Congratulations to this year's winners!

Please excuse any cross posting.
The 2015 Oregon Reader's Choice Award winners and the 2016 nominees were announced at the Oregon Library Association conference in Eugene on Friday. Please excuse cross-posting.
The Oregon Reader's Choice Award Committee is pleased to announce the 2015 ORCA winners and the 2016 Nominees. They were announced at the Oregon Library Association conference in Eugene.

Winners
Upper Elementary Division: The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
Middle School Division: Ungifted by Gordon Korman
High School Division: The Fault in our Stars by John Green

2016 ORCA Nominees
Upper Elementary Division

True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp by Kathi Appelt
Jinx by Sage Blackwood
Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein
A Tangle of Knots by Lisa Graff
Donner Dinner Party by Nathan Hale
Mountain Dog by Margarita Engle
Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell

Middle School Division
Serafina's Promise by Ann E. Burg
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
Etched in Clay by Andrea Cheng
Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant by Tony Cliff
Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
The Great Trouble by Deborah Hopkinson
One Came Home by Amy Timberlake
Brotherhood by Anne Westrick

High School Division
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
The Living by Matt de la Pena
The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson
Reality Boy by A.S. King
More Than This by Patrick Ness
Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

Thank you to the many teachers, school librarians and staff, and librarians for providing an opportunity for students around the state to vote for their favorites. This year we had 2,454 students from about 70 schools and public libraries voting. If you have any photos or stories about your ORCA experience this year, please send them to me or comment on the blog. If you haven't held an ORCA vote at your location, the ORCA blog
( https://oregonreaderschoiceaward.wordpress.com/)  has booktalks, links to trailers, bookmarks and ballots. Thank you also to a great committee for making this all happen. If you have any questions, or comments, please feel free to email me.
Nina Kramer, ORCA Chair, orca at olaweb.org
-----------------------------
Nina Kramer
ORCA Chair