[OYAN] Professional Development: Making It REAL! November 7th - OregonASK Conference

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri Sep 18 16:22:20 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of OregonASK

Hello All -

We have some great training available and the conference is right around the corner. Please pass this email forward to everyone you think might have an interest.

OregonASK is excited to tell you about some amazing opportunities we are offering this fall! Starting in September, we will be offering several full day trainings at our building in Wilsonville. We have attached flyers for each and included short descriptions below. We will also be offering discounted conference registration to every participant who attends one of the fall trainings listed below.

SciGirls September 19th<http://www.ngcproject.org/scigirls-full-day-training-wilsonville-0>
Participants will do hands-on activities from the curriculum in groups, exploring lessons as well as approaches, engaging strategies and tools to promote STEM identity for their students.Content is geared toward 4th-8th grade students.

InventionX October 3rd<http://inventionx.org/training-events/inventionx-using-the-five-state-invention-process-for-school-age-youth/>
OregonASK is excited to be the first in Oregon to offer this training that teaches students how to think, not what to think. . Participants will experience the invention process though hands-on activities and create strategies for implementing the process and exercises in any area of STEM content for middle and high school youth.

CryptoClub October 9th <https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07ebe7cf6s015b6ffb&oseq=&c=&ch=>
Learn how you can use games, treasure hunts, and other informal activities to engage students in cryptography and mathematics, incorporating middle school math concepts. We are excited to bring CryptoClub creator Janet Beissinger to co-facilitate the training.

Oregon Afterschool Conference 2015 - Making it Real<http://www.oregonask.org/oac>
Don't forget to put it on your calendar, register, and come join us for over 40 breakout sessions and keynote by Leslie Beller. Contact Katie Lakey<mailto:katie.lakey at oregonask.org> to register a group

All the best,

Beth A. Unverzagt
Director, OregonASK
503-551-5488<tel:503-551-5488> (c)
503-689-1656<tel:503-689-1656> (o)

9140 SW Pioneer Court (office)
Wilsonville, Oregon 97070

PO Box 3  (mailing)
Wilsonville, Oregon 97070

beth.unverzagt at oregonask.org<mailto:beth.unverzagt at oregonask.org>
www.oregonask.org<http://www.oregonask.org>

"Potential is universal... Opportunity is not."
         - Wes Moore
[https://docs.google.com/a/oregonask.org/uc?id=0BzqLxkx1VyX9WDNMczhQcVRDYzQ&export=download]
OAC | Nov. 7th | Chemeketa Community College
www.oregonask.org<http://www.oregonask.org/>