[OYAN] Graphic Novel/Manga suggestions

Violeta GARZA violetag at multco.us
Fri Apr 1 11:45:02 PDT 2016

As far as manga goes, I've recommended *Yotsuba&!* ad nauseum. It works
every time for all ages-- even for newcomers to manga. I've seen kids and
grown men giggle at the shenanigans of the adorable main character.

Violeta

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Jane Corry <janec at multcolib.org> wrote:

> I second what Kckenzie Ross said.
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 4:05 PM, MacKenzie Ross <mackenzie.ross at ccrls.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Roller Girl for those whom love Raina Telgemeier! Also, pretty much
>> anything by Doug TenNapel, but Cardboard is especially well liked.
>>
>> Best,
>> MacKenzie
>>
>> MacKenzie Ross
>> Youth Services Librarian
>> Silver Falls Library District
>> 410 S. Water St.
>> Silverton, OR 97381
>> 503.873.7633
>> mackenzie.ross at ccrls.org
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Aimee Meuchel <
>> AMEUCHEL at ci.tualatin.or.us> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Collective of Awesomesauce,
>>>

>>> I’ve started a book club at my local middle school during lunch.  Each
>>> month we discuss a different genre.  Next month, they want ideas for
>>> comics/graphic novels/ and manga.  Please send any titles you regularly
>>> recommend to 6-8th graders for inclusion on my list!
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Aimee
>>>

>>> Aimee Meuchel
>>>
>>> Teen Services Librarian
>>>
>>> City of Tualatin | Tualatin Public Library
>>>
>>> 18878 SW Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062-7092
>>>
>>> 503-691-3083 | www.tualatinoregon.gov <http://www.ci.tualatin.or.us>

>>> or the sender of the message, by phone or email.
>>> Technical questions? Call 503-378-8800.

>> or the sender of the message, by phone or email.
>> Technical questions? Call 503-378-8800.
>>

> --
> Jane Corry
> Youth Librarian-Belmont Neighborhood Library
> Multnomah County Library
> 503.988.5382
> Oregon Library Association President
>
> “There is no doubt fiction makes a better job of the truth.”
> ― Doris Lessing, Under My Skin: Volume One of My Autobiography, to 1949

> or the sender of the message, by phone or email.
> Technical questions? Call 503-378-8800.

--
Violeta Garza
Preferred pronouns: "she" and "her"
violetag at multco.us
http://www.multcolib.org
Work schedule: Tuesday-Saturday

"What if stories were for everyone? What if the cover of a book that looked
'different' or 'too girly' or 'too ethnic' was seen not as a deterrent, but
an invitation to step outside of oneself?"
--Renee Watson, author