[OYAN] Planned Parenthood Contact

Keli Yeats keliy at multcolib.org
Tue Dec 6 13:36:55 PST 2016

My supervisor went to a community outreach yesterday and came back with a
contact from Planned Parenthood who wants to talk to Teen Councils about
dating, online relationships and letting them know about all the resources
they have.  Now I personally would love to let teens have all the
information about this that they can.  But my community has a deeply
religious population and most of my teens are 6th or 7th graders.

So has anyone had any experience working with Planned Parenthood or a
similar organization?  What might be the best way to work with this
contact?  I certainly don't want to withhold information.  But I also want
to be sensitive to the needs of my community and just the name Planned
Parenthood can be politically volatile these day.s
--
Keli Yeats, Teen Librarian

Rockwood Library
503-988-3596