[OYAN] Funny graphic novels

Violeta GARZA violetag at multco.us
Fri Jul 1 14:46:49 PDT 2016

Hey there.

Today I helped a young gentleman in his mid-teens who is looking for funny
contemporary graphic novels-- ones that don't feature romance. He's like
the James Patterson Maximum Ride graphic novels. My suggestions to him so
far:

   - Nimona by Stevenson
   - Yotsuba&! by Azuma
   - Meanwhile by Shiga
   - Lowriders in Space by Camper
   - Wild card: Ouran High School Host Club by Hatori

I feel like I'm missing something. Would any of you have any other ideas?

iGracias!

Violeta

--
Violeta Garza
Preferred pronouns: "she" and "her"
violetag at multco.us
http://www.multcolib.org
Work schedule: Tuesday-Saturday

"What if stories were for everyone? What if the cover of a book that looked
'different' or 'too girly' or 'too ethnic' was seen not as a deterrent, but
an invitation to step outside of oneself?"
--Renee Watson, author