[OYAN] Teen Services Senior Librarian Opening

Andrea Scherer ascherer at fvrl.org
Mon Jul 24 10:31:46 PDT 2017

Good morning,

Fort Vancouver Regional Library District (FVRL) is seeking a rock star Teen
Librarian to work at our Vancouver Community Library (Vancouver, WA).  This
is the largest branch in our district (83,00 sq ft) with an amazing team of
9 librarians collaborating to provide programs and outreach to our
patrons.  This opening is the only librarian with a focus on teen services
at the branch and throughout the district.  We'd love to hire an
experienced librarian with a passion for working with teens who can serve
as a resource for the branch, district and the community.  They will
develop and implement teen programs for Vancouver Community Library, build
and sustain relationships with community partners relevant to teen
services, and collaborate with other librarians throughout FVRL.  As a
member of the Vancouver Community Library team this librarian will also
work in the branch to provide library services to patrons of all ages,
including assisting with reference and reader’s advisory questions,
locating materials and using technology.  Finally, candidates should note
that this is a senior level position which supervises approximately 4–5
Senior Library Assistants who provide support throughout the branch (not
limited to teen services).

If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to read the full job
posting on our website: http://www.fvrl.org/senior-teen-librarian

Don't delay.  This job posting closes Friday, August 4, 2017 at 5 pm.

Best,

Andrea Scherer
HR Generalist
Fort Vancouver Regional Library