[OYAN] Solicitations for #MeToo Collection Development Best Practices

Traci GLASS tracig at multcolib.org
Wed Oct 3 10:13:57 PDT 2018

*Sent on behalf of YALSA's Collection Development in the Light of #MeToo
Workgroup:*

Hello!

With the Kavanaugh hearings and the Cosby sentencing, #MeToo continues to
occupy our minds and permeate our conversations with teens, library staff,
and other patrons. A workgroup has been created within YALSA to collect and
curate materials that specifically reference or provide best practices
around collection development in light of #MeToo for those staff who work
for and with teens.

We plan to collect, organize, and provide access to information that will
help staff *balance important intellectual freedom principals with the need
to consider the impact of the #MeToo movement on teens and the materials
they are encountering at their libraries*.

Have you come across content that might help fellow Teen Services staff
around this issue? Content can be articles, blog posts, research, reports,
continuing education materials and/or sample library policies.

Please send any information you think would be informative or helpful to
have to emily.m.townsend at gmail.com by October 10, 2018.

Thank you!
Emily Townsend
Traci Glass
and Liz Jones

*Traci Glass*
*Library Administrator*
Multnomah County Library
Central Library, Information Services
My schedule: Sunday-Thursday
503.988.3644 <(503)%20988-3644>
multcolib.org
[This email was encrypted for your privacy and security]