[OYAN] Needing stellar Spanish books for your teen collection? Libros for Oregon can help!

Violeta Garza violetag at multco.us
Fri Apr 5 16:31:22 PDT 2019

Many of us have had to withdraw Spanish teen books in our collection due to
their lackluster covers and circ stats. Want to change that?

Applications for this year’s Libros for Oregon
<http://reformaoregon.weebly.com/libros-for-oregon.html> cohort are now
open!

Libros for Oregon is a project that sends representatives to the Guadalajara
Book Fair <https://www.fil.com.mx/ingles/i_info/i_info_fil.asp> annually on
behalf of a cooperative of Oregon public and school libraries, to buy
culturally appropriate books for their collections and communities.
Membership changes annually, it’s simple to apply, and participating
libraries only need to pony up $200 toward travel costs (plus whatever
money they want to spend on materials, from their selection budgets.)
Participating libraries are also asked (and supported) to plan at least
three outreach or other activities to connect the new books with their
communities.

Know folks living in an Oregon community whose library could benefit from
participating in this project? Please share our Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/Libros4Oregon/?__tn__=K-R&eid=ARD-wGquROsDHEWPQBiTQ1lztlNnWTynEKm2BVkDZAjpdIMxcp2iVCuW_CGC13yOpAKAb5qiZSUzGDKJ&fref=mentions&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARBakNgi5D_crR0aatuGndJuWI7_vA5wsE827mDIM3eOgwfcHElHY-0ghqqIqLuhnCsvdOFedJxO-q7t0WVqJH_ltk1DxAsZHszV06decNzPbhnt_AGx3_RKwTXX_IAnK-6usVZkp7LcvJp6iJ3rmxZ8fErZv2PHEZ3lFStPLIcuzvp_O2hjPoERSkCg6rfeLc3SSUKB3PEyZphV00sWrnoHODaeUcdTeIrleZrao0gieJgS-aaddWV_NjizysNbkUInUrgrFKLKJuDUT0cd2CuZYwSCoGrUL4-sh-fHY4CisfxefUwJoYSD4BavBOni4NR-MGLjE_BiIi59ytC9NxmH8-WhFS4DqntPxHZb9j1MdDaV6XTi_3Q>
 or website <http://reformaoregon.weebly.com/libros-for-oregon.html>!

Applications will be accepted through April 30.

Questions? Ask me by email or in person at OLA/WLA. 😊

¡Gracias!
Violeta

--
*Violeta Garza*