[OYAN] Book Rave - Let's Vote!

Sonja Somerville SSomerville at cityofsalem.net
Sun Dec 29 09:51:38 PST 2019

Hello, OYANers!

After a commendable effort by all of us to nominate many excellent books for the annual Book Rave, it is time to choose.

Vote now!! If you want to check out a few more of the books - vote later!! Votes will be collected through Tuesday, February 4!

Here is the link for the Google voting survey:

https://forms.gle/EEQtEPii8yNdaZMV7

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/y9by3eLoXqOtyyrvo5LC5ij7l6kM2599_a5KqOaE3XETW2yDn4NYCXtqjBXNjI881NY=w1200-h630-p]<https://forms.gle/EEQtEPii8yNdaZMV7>
2020 Book Rave - The Voting!<https://forms.gle/EEQtEPii8yNdaZMV7>
forms.gle

Please vote for any book you feel is worthy of recognition. There is a field at the end of each section for you to note particularly strong support and an opportunity to make a case of you feel that a book should NOT be included for some reason.

The goal is to identify a varied list that includes middle grade and high school books, books of various genres, and books that represent diverse perspectives. We also try to include at least one book by an Oregon author and/or with an Oregon setting, so some of these qualities are noted along with the title and author of the books. Because we have been challenged in the past to find middle grade books, I have put them in their own voting category this year to give them a bit more attention. In the event that two  books by the same author are among the top vote-getters, only one  book by that author will be chosen.

If you want to have even more to say about the final list, the results of this survey will be brought to the Winter OYAN meeting on February 7 in Tualatin for further discussion. Join us!

Thanks for voting!!

Best,

Sonja Somerville, MLIS

Teen Services Senior Librarian

Pronouns: she/her/hers

City of Salem | Salem Public Library

585 Liberty St. SE, Salem, OR 97301

ssomerville at cityofsalem.net<mailto:ssomerville at cityofsalem.net> | 503-588-6083

Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/spl.oregon> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/spl.oregon/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw7eUMqW0fgwHhj8h1EClQ> | Pinterest<https://www.pinterest.com/sploregon/pins/> | CityofSalem.net<https://www.cityofsalem.net/Pages/library.aspx>