[OYAN] "Clean Teen Reads:" another wording?

Danielle Jones jones.danielle.jones at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 07:10:04 PDT 2019

I appreciate the thoughtfulness on this. It is important to think about
what we call it. I am a big fan of just calling it what it is - "Books with
no sex, swearing, or drug use." Titles like "Clean reads" others all other
books as dirty.

--
Danielle Jones
*Oregon Library Association ALA Chapter Councilor *

*YALSA 2020 Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults*

*ALSC Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Task Force*
*Teen and youth librarian at Multnomah County Library*

*My pronouns are she, her, hers**twitter @daniellebookery*