[OYAN] Name that Book

Sonja Somerville SSomerville at cityofsalem.net
Wed Jul 24 17:47:07 PDT 2019

Hello! I had a patron today ask for helping finding a book she read in the 8th grade  - so about three years ago. It is definitely YA and she had a very vivid description that rang *not one bell* for me. Here goes:

  *   A girl runs away from archaeology camp
  *   As punishment (probably), her parents send her to live with an aunt in a trailer park
  *   She makes friends with an old lady who lives nearby in the trailer park and ends up pouring tea for the old lady's book club
  *   At the end, she enters a beauty pageant

No idea of a title, author, or main character's name.

Does anyone know the book?

Best,

Sonja Somerville, MLIS

Teen Services Senior Librarian

Pronouns: she/her/hers

City of Salem | Salem Public Library

585 Liberty St. SE, Salem, OR 97301

ssomerville at cityofsalem.net<mailto:ssomerville at cityofsalem.net> | 503-588-6083

Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/spl.oregon> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/spl.oregon/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw7eUMqW0fgwHhj8h1EClQ> | Pinterest<https://www.pinterest.com/sploregon/pins/> | CityofSalem.net<https://www.cityofsalem.net/Pages/library.aspx>