[OYAN] OYAN Graphic Rave 2019!

Traci GLASS tracig at multcolib.org
Tue May 14 09:35:44 PDT 2019

Hello OYANers!

Guess what?  It's time for the 2019 Graphic Rave nominations!  For those of
you who are new to OYAN or have just forgotten - the Graphic Rave is OYAN's
annual list of the best graphic novels, comics, and manga for teens.  The
process will be almost, if not totally, identical to the process we all go
through to come up with our Book Rave list.

Only books published from May 1, 2018 to April 30, 2019 can be included on
the 2019 Graphic Rave.

Whenever possible, the list shall consist of the following:

   -

   A wide variety of genres is desirable.  It may include fantasy,
   suspense, mystery, historical fiction, science fiction, romance, sports,
   adventure, animal stories, growing up, contemporary realism, poetry and
   non-fiction.  The following will be mandatory each year:
   -

      At least one non-fiction title
      -

      At least three titles published by a non-major publisher.
      -

      At least three titles published by publisher located in the Pacific
      Northwest.
      -

      At least three trade collections of comics originally released as
      separate issues.
      -

      At least three titles created in the manga style.
      -

      At least three titles published by a major publisher.
      -

      A variety of books for younger and older teens must be included.
      -

      A balance between male and female protagonists is desirable.
      -

      Only one book per author, per genre will be included.
      -

      Only one title in a series will be considered per year (it does not
      need to be the first volume).
      -

      The list should reflect multicultural diversity.

When nominating a book, please include the author, title, genre, month and
year of publication and publisher.   Send all nominations to
tracig at multcolib.org. The last day to nominate a title is August 1st.

Here are some official dates to remember:

August 1: Nominations close.

August 5: Preliminary voting opens.

September 5: Preliminary voting closes.

Again, please send all nominations to tracig at multcolib.org.  Also, feel
free to let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Traci

*Traci Glass*
*Library Administrator*