[OYAN] Mock Printz 2020 - Last Call
SSomerville at cityofsalem.net
Mon Jan 6 12:47:11 PST 2020
Hello! The Oregon Young Adult Network 2020 Mock Printz is coming up on Saturday.
It's still not too late to register for this fun afternoon of colleagues, interesting teens, book discussion, and snacks ... but it is is ALMOST too late. If you and/or teens from your library are intending to come but have not yet filled out my delightfully simple Google registration - please do so ASAP:
Mock Printz 2020 - A Wild and Intense Afternoon of Book Discussions Ending with an Attempt to Guess which 2019 Release will Win ALA's Printz Award for Excellence in Young Adult Literature!
12:30-5:30 p.m. Saturday, January 11
Beaverton Community Center, 12350 SW 5th Street, Suite 100
It is free. It is SO FUN. There will be snacks. For teen readers, there will be ARCs to take home.
**This event will be available for remote attendance by individuals or groups gathered at other sites. You will need a computer, camera, and microphone to join us remotely.**
Here are the books we will be talking about. It's great if you have read all of them, but no punishment or shame if you've missed some:
* Barely Missing Everything by Matt Mendez - #realisticfiction #latinx #struggling #multiplenarrators #ownvoices
* They Called Us Enemy by George Takei - #graphicmemoir #Japaneseimprisonment #lostinnocence #famousownvoices
* Internment by Samira Ahmed - #future #Muslimimprisonment #rebellion #injustice #ownvoices
* The Grace Year by Kim Liggett - #dystopia #ritesofpassage #womanmagic #devastating
* Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys - #historicalfiction #Spain #fascism
* Destroy All Monsters by Sam J. Miller - #fantasy #realisticfiction #mentalillness #trauma
* Thirteen Doorways Wolves Behind the All by Laura Ruby - #historicalfiction #paranormal #orphanages
* House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig - #fantasy #retelling #murdermystery
The afternoon will begin with a short presentation by Abbey Gaterud from the Ooligan Press in Portland (https://ooligan.pdx.edu/<http://clicks.memberclicks-mail.net/wf/click?upn=hAA8NCKsUzciFBkhPKAHxDRVOpfRogKGDgyJwROxOWToTyeuuQptVZg2tWmwxlJV76Q5c749xrT5JCcuZQibzpObUan7na-2Bm3wg9ZR4vgySBN-2Bh9caAlgLylth90lvQn_ZUgSB9JTpRTZnbrxiJgqYAca3uRSKKz33R0iJkxfra5ep4nOFmFcOIe2Q-2BYn5XeESnIZOo5kbXx-2BtZBFIAGSgs8yxVlsGA7pN8ErIGQI1TeARm8qa6v5ms6jrIPXzLcVF7sOqJcYuv6s-2FAix8GTaZm4N2GmVht8pDLkA5KDMG1dqOiPrZ-2FAduDPHl-2BP9D4QcaNc-2FAnGNtkcHyQlPtftoYNAjyQpa4RxZFQbZrIhKF8o7eJbEY7Qgd2ZJ-2FZbD4VTR4e7Po4vSk4n7UMbQaaKvYUyfTJtRBeBv55Vl7gdFEEfEjaSer9KUO6hgUBViqp8egZ90yDP6844lapehq5-2FxzkxwS6yeh6h-2FwGb9-2FlTuMP4-3D>) focused on the state of trade publishing today, what happens to a book after a writer is "finished," and self-publishing.
Questions? Send them to be at ssomerville at cityofsalem.net or 503-588-6083.
Sonja Somerville, MLIS
Teen Services Senior Librarian
City of Salem | Salem Public Library
585 Liberty St. SE, Salem, OR 97301
ssomerville at cityofsalem.net<mailto:ssomerville at cityofsalem.net> | 503-588-6083
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/spl.oregon> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/spl.oregon/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw7eUMqW0fgwHhj8h1EClQ> | Pinterest<https://www.pinterest.com/sploregon/pins/> | CityofSalem.net<https://www.cityofsalem.net/Pages/library.aspx>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OYAN