[OYAN] Wave Learning Festival for MS & HS Students

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Thu Jul 9 15:14:30 PDT 2020

Please excuse the cross-posting.

Hi,

This week I learned about the Wave Learning Festival<http://www.wavelf.org/>, a free online program where college students teach 2-week courses on topics they love for middle and high schoolers. So far they have had 2500+ students register, and they have offered 80+ courses on topics like "Intro to Creative Writing," "How Cancer Works," and "Exploring Dress History through 1920s Womenswear."

They offer courses<http://www.wavelf.org/courses-archive> in waves, and each wave has different offerings. Registration for Wave Four will open on Tuesday, July 14, and classes will run from July 27 - August 14. Wave Five runs from August 17 - August 28.

Have questions? Review the FAQ for students<http://www.wavelf.org/faq-students> or parents<http://www.wavelf.org/faq-parents>. Or, send an email to wavelearningfestival at gmail.com<mailto:wavelearningfestival at gmail.com>.

Please consider spreading the word.

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us> | 503-378-5011 | https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus
[cid:image001.png at 01D348CF.6A72E0A0]