[OYAN] Wednesday, June 17th Link to Tuesday Office Hours Notes - Curbside Services

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Wed Jun 17 08:29:12 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

You can find notes from Tuesday's office hours, along with all the previous notes, here at the State Library LibGuide<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/c.php?g=1011618&p=7362153>. It was great to hear about your transitions to reopening and what that looks like at different places. We talked about how much staff time is required to safely implement curbside services, like having to quarantine books and keep them out of circulation, taking time to get books off the shelf for specific patrons, and all the delivery protocols required to be safe in this time. Someone mentioned how seeing families come back and ask for whatever's on the shelf has opened up new opportunities to spend a bit more time engaging with those families and learning about what they need. Normally in mid-June we'd be frantically busy with summer reading and not able to spend a lot of time with any one family. I appreciated the chance to think with you about how this may be a time when we can build deeper relationships with our families and communities. I hope you all have a good Wednesday!

Best,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D64481.9C0B6230]