[OYAN] Friday March 27

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Fri Mar 27 10:59:22 PDT 2020

Hello library friends,

We made it to Friday! I have been so lucky to hear from many of you with questions this week about what you and your library are doing right now to serve your community. You all are giving me such great hope in this uncertain time.

I wanted to share one story I heard this week from Korie Buerkle at Newberg. Korie shared that her city's Public Works department asked the Library to do a PSA over library social media about not flushing wipes since they were having to unclog so many city drains this week. This may seem like not that big a deal, but this small thing speaks to how libraries are an important information resource in emergencies. It will look differently for every community and for every library, but I hope in the next couple weeks we are all able to work with our fellow public workers and be creative in how we may be able to use our trusted resource hats to help them out.  We're all in this together.

Take good care & I'll be in touch on Monday,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus