[OYAN] Friday, October 30th Shoutout to Sweet Home

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Oct 30 10:22:14 PDT 2020

Hello folks,

We made it to Friday! This week's shoutout goes to Sweet Home, for doing what many of you are doing and figuring out ways to best serve their community right now,<https://www.sweethomenews.com/story/2020/10/28/news/county-funded-library-program-gives-kids-to-learn-have-fun/23576.html> with some salmon guts  along for the ride. I know not everyone is able to do this kind of programming right now, and that's okay! We are celebrating where we can and cheering on all of you working to continue service to our kids and families right now.

On another note, I learned this week that several of you love Fiona the hippo<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiona_(hippopotamus)> and as I have a borderline obsession with this creature, I have to suggest following the Cincinatti Zoo's Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/cincinnatizoo/?hl=en> just for the Fiona updates! If you don't know about Fiona, she's a young hippo at the Cincinnatti Zoo who was born prematurely and happily survived.  If you need a pick me up this weekend, the initial Facebook videos the zoo made about Fiona's progress are pretty cool. I think a lot about her these days and how important it is to have silly things to look forward to when we can in these challenging times. Fiona brings a smile to my face for some reason every time I see a picture of her, I hope you also have small things to smile at this weekend and an opportunity for rest.

Best,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
971-375-3549 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D6AEA6.8876F5B0]