[OYAN] Codeswitch Podcast as Followup to Book Rave Discussion

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Feb 10 08:12:19 PST 2021

Hi OYAN folks,

I listened to NPR's Codeswitch podcast<https://www.npr.org/2021/02/04/964001303/black-kiss-tory> this morning. Today's is about the history of black romance novels. Author Alyssa Cole talked about the expectations readers have for black characters and historical accuracy at about the 19 minute mark - I understand this is about adult books, but thought it may be a good addition to the conversation from the last OYAN meeting in which we discussed Book Rave options, particularly those by authors of color. Thanks for diving into this conversation at the winter meeting and thanks for continuing to move it forward - I'm sure we'll keep having a lot to talk about and work on here!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT
Youth Services Consultant
971-375-3549 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image001.png at 01D6FF84.733C0E90]