[OYAN] [R2R-OR] Friday, January 29th Shout out to Stanfield and feeding kids

kstreet at otld.org kstreet at otld.org
Fri Jan 29 15:18:12 PST 2021

Way to go Stanfield!!

Kathy Street

541-481-3365

From: R2R-OR <r2r-or-bounces at omls.oregon.gov> On Behalf Of BERGQUIST Greta *
SLO via R2R-OR
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 3:01 PM
To: kids-lib at omls.oregon.gov; oyan at omls.oregon.gov; or-srp at omls.oregon.gov;
r2r-or at omls.oregon.gov
Cc: Aimee Meuchel <ameuchel at tualatin.gov>
Subject: [R2R-OR] Friday, January 29th Shout out to Stanfield and feeding
kids

Hello everyone,

Happy Friday! I wanted to send a shout out today to Stanfield Public
Library, serving a population of 2,700. They organized with their community
to deliver over 7,500 meals to kids last summer
<https://www.eastoregonian.com/coronavirus/stanfield-library-brings-thousand
s-of-meals-crafts-to-kids-throughout-pandemic/article_93403634-5dd6-11eb-b6e
7-f771398d76dd.html> ! We know hunger is an equity issue that
disproportionately impacts communities of color, recent immigrants, and
rural residents of our state. Partnering with your local summer meals site
or operating as one yourself is a way to meet this pressing need while
connecting families with opportunities for reading and playing together.
Feed + read = Win-win!

To see what hunger looks like in your county, check out these county by
county fact sheets
<https://www.oregonhungertaskforce.org/county-fact-sheets>  from the Oregon
Hunger Task Force.

If your library is considering this, you can reach out to ODE
<https://www.oregon.gov/ode/students-and-family/childnutrition/sfsp/Pages/de
fault.aspx>  or to Partners for a Hunger-free Oregon
<https://oregonhunger.org/summer-food/>  (e-mail and phone number for
program manager Fatima Jawaid at this link) with questions. I've also cc'd
teen librarian Aimee Meuchel here, as she would also love to tell you about
the impact this is making in Tualatin.

Take good care and have a good weekend,

Greta

Greta Bergquist