[OYAN] Teen Author Event

Keli Yeats keliy at multcolib.org
Wed Jun 2 15:31:31 PDT 2021

Hey all. Multnomah County Library is hosting a virtual Teen Author Event
with amazing Portland authors David Walker and Kim Johnson. This is a teen
led event and they're going to talk about social justice and their new
books The Black Panther Party and This Is My America. Please share the
event with any teens you think might be interested. The event will be held
on Zoom and they can register here
<https://multco-us.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEuc-yrrz4jEt3yWPK57prUb_5l-Hd8r8q_>
.

Thanks for sharing.

Keli Yeats, Teen Librarian
(preferred pronouns: she, her, hers/
they, them, theirs)

Rockwood Library
503-988-3596
Sun     11:05-5:05
Mon     11:05-8:05
Wed     9:05-6:05
Thu      9:05-6:05

*Land Acknowledgement Multnomah County rests on the stolen lands of the
Multnomah, Kathlamet, and Clackamas Bands of Chinook Indian Nation;
Tualatin Kalapuya; Molalla; and many others along the Columbia River. This
country is built on stolen Indigenous land and built by stolen African
people. This land was not stolen and people were not enslaved by ambiguous
entities and actors. The land was stolen by, and African peoples were
enslaved by white settlers who had government support. We also want to
honor the members of over 400 tribal communities who live in Multnomah
County. Many of these People and their cultures still survive and resist
despite the intentional and ongoing attempts to destroy them.* *Take a
moment to acknowledge the history of how we are here in this place and to
honor the People. [Credit to Dr. Aileen Duldulao and Heather Heater]*
[This email was encrypted for your privacy and security]