[OYAN] October OYAN Meeting Announcement!

MCMAHAN Caitlin A CMcMahan at eugene-or.gov
Wed Sep 28 13:36:30 PDT 2022

FORGIVE THE CROSS-POSTING AND THE LATENESS OF THIS EMAIL!

---

Hello everyone!

I'm very excited to announce the date, time, and agenda of our October OYAN members meeting!

This is the first meeting that we'll have had in years that will be in-person. We'll be meeting at the Salem Public Library where we will have a workshop, tour of SPL's new teen space (and lunch!), and our regular OYAN members meeting.

Our workshop will center around rebuilding relationships with schools as both libraries and schools work towards reopening and offering in-person options. Sonja Sommerville at SPL has found some teachers from the Salem school district to chat with us about ways that we can start to work together to help teens and teaching staff in our community during the 22-23 school year. Thank you Sonja!

We'll then have a break for lunch and a tour of SPL's fabulous new teen center, then we'll move into our normal OYAN business meeting. Some topics to expect are OYAN's role in supporting teen library staff, the upcoming OLA conference, an introduction of our new officers, and other business details. A more detailed agenda will be following shortly.

The meeting will be hybrid, so if you would like to join us in Salem, please see below for details: