[OYAN] (early) Shoutout for Friday, Dec 22nd

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Dec 21 16:28:00 PST 2023

Hello everyone,

Sending this one out a little early and wow there's a lot of good happening this week! Several shoutouts to three beautiful places: First for Harney County, which recently was granted a couple AWE learning stations<https://www.facebook.com/harneycountylibrary/posts/pfbid0jwvNa6X9ejNeNkp89Yx6rFejRZNnvox8MnewRWXnBkAuBEPHQL8JvB7DsoGMqAnil> for their kids area! If you haven't been out that direction yet, I hope at some point you are able to visit, not just for the library but the landscape - it's such a beautiful part of our state. Second goes out to the also beautiful coast down in Curry County, where Gold Beach is doing winter break snack boxes for kids<https://www.facebook.com/currypubliclibrary/posts/pfbid02Ak7DrZM1ftq7c1nmP2GWQSfNLgTYdYLRPR4ncs7UrZFuMwp94RasXaC4BGV7qxU6l> out of school. And heading off to yet another beautiful part of the state (I mean, really, I run out of adjectives describing all our different geographies!), we celebrate with North Powder, which received a block grant<https://www.oregon.gov/biz/Publications/releases/Business%20Oregon%20Awards%20Community%20Development%20Block%20Grants%20to%20Fund%2010%20Projects%20in%20Rural%20Oregon%20PR.pdf> towards building a new library<https://www.lagrandeobserver.com/news/local/north-powder-to-receive-1-2-million-library-grant/article_26922e66-9dcf-11ee-8f82-0b59937aa905.html>! What a great opportunity, we are looking forward to seeing it when completed!

Lastly, if you're in Portland this weekend, there's a BIPOC Book Fair at Norse Hall<https://carlbrandon.org/bbf/> that looks like it'll be pretty rad and is hosting local authors. I hope you all enjoy your weekend and have time off Monday for good rest and rejuvenation in the last week of the year!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]