[OYAN] FW: Testers needed for new WebJunction course: “Designing Family-focused Outreach that Centers Community Voices"

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Feb 17 15:38:57 PST 2023

Hello all,

The below opportunity may be of interest to some of you. Greta

From: yscon <yscon-bounces at lists.library.ohio.gov> On Behalf Of jdwyer--- via yscon

Interested in increasing your social justice efforts in your outreach programs and services with children and families in underserved communities? Looking for ways to develop meaningful and relevant planning and assessment strategies that center your communities? Help us test our OCLC WebJunction course, “Designing Family-focused Outreach that Centers Community Voices.” This course is based on a research study, Project VOICE, that uses the social justice principles of equity, empowerment, and engagement to guide the development of value-informed outcomes for planning and assessing outreach programs and services with children and families.

As a part of the testing, you will be asked to work through the various sections of the course, including activities that should be completed with community members and partners. During the testing you will be asked to provide us with feedback on your experiences with the course content and activities. We estimate a time commitment of forty hours to complete the course, spread over two months, and we are offering a $250 gift card upon completion. Most of the time commitment will be part of normal partnership/program planning efforts. Testing will take place during March and April 2023.

Please contact us at voiceimls at gmail.com<mailto:voiceimls at gmail.com> if you are interested and with any questions.

--
Katie Campana, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D94091.0E7D7980]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer (she/her)
Library Consultant
614-644-6910
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov<mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov>
library.ohio.gov/youth-services<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flibrary.ohio.gov%2Fyouth-services&data=05%7C01%7CGreta.BERGQUIST%40slo.oregon.gov%7C11c7cc22803c4c7ca41e08db0ed2a22b%7Caa3f6932fa7c47b4a0cea598cad161cf%7C0%7C0%7C638120070099959556%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=X2k0xNr7Po0rmttVUzsXcTw8s8RyhH%2BHSgqyeoDv3hM%3D&reserved=0>