[OYAN] Friday, May 26th Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri May 26 10:30:01 PDT 2023

Hello everyone,

I hope you all enjoy this holiday weekend. Before we go do that, I want to highlight the efforts of Jennifer Knight from Coos Bay Public, and everyone who worked to create and share the OLA pre-conference Tribal History/Shared History, with a new recap on the CSD Blog this week<https://www.csdola.org/blog/tribal-history-shared-history>. The recap includes a video. I would highly recommend the whole thing, but especially the last hour with Cheyanne Heidt of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde. She gives an excellent Culturally Responsive Collections presentation that is useful for all levels of library staff and all levels of experience too, with collection development - everyone will learn something. 10/10 recommend!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]