[OYAN] It's January, so we're all thinking about summer because librarians are weird

Lisa Elliott lisae at tigard-or.gov
Tue Jan 9 12:31:30 PST 2024

Hello all! It’s that time of the year when we refuse to Be Here Now and instead begin thinking about ALL THE THINGS we will do for Summer Reading. Are you feeling dread? Anticipation? Begrudging acceptance of the inevitable? Or are you already embracing this year’s Read, Renew, Repeat theme? (I know, I know…The consensus seem to be that teens don’t care much about them, but themes get my creative juices flowing (gross), so I like them.)

Anyway, it’s coming, so I wanted to reiterate some info Greta shared in an email a couple of weeks ago (her links are below) and encourage you to come to the Summer Reading office hours happening at noon on the first Wednesday of every month. We love to chat about summer-y things and steal each other’s brilliant ideas. Speaking of ideas, y’all are geniuses, so don’t be stingy with your excellence! You have until the end of this month to submit your wildest imaginings for the 2025 Resource Guide<https://www.ireadprogram.org/resources/summer-2025-level-up-at-your-library/call-for-resource-guide-submissions>. The theme is Level Up, and I’m already looking forward to gamification as we’ve never seen before! Don’t worry about going too grand. The most useful ideas are often the simplest and cheapest!

I encourage you to watch the iREAD webinar if you haven’t already. It is very informative, especially if you’re in the market for some new eyewear.

  *   SRP Office Hours: Noons of Feb 7, Mar 6, April 3, May 1, Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86228448963?pwd=dHZMdVZUUnErUXZVSnBqMXo1U3Vhdz09  (Meeting ID: 862 2844 8963, Passcode: summer)

  *   Oregon Libraries Get Ready for 2024 Summer Reading with iREAD! Webinar: Oregon and iREAD webinar from 12/12/2023<https://youtu.be/7C0oEi6ZQmQ>

  *   12/12/2023 Webinar iREAD Slides: iREAD Slides<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RTQKKjJHauTRzQd6EZLeMFFUUF5xs6CxpkXaCpsUV4o/edit?usp=sharing>

  *   12/12/2023 Announcement Slides: Announcement Slides<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yFWIusxdlnzeFxKWbx83BoDUGRftJBvS/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=107160907715728308747&rtpof=true&sd=true>

  *   General iREAD 2024 Introduction Webinar Link: iREAD 2024 and beyond<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE1L0YyoJzQ>

  *   Summer 2025 Level Up Info Page and Artists:  Summer 2025: Level Up at Your Library<https://www.ireadprogram.org/resources/summer-2025-level-up-at-your-library>

  *   Summer 2025 Resource Guide Submission Link: Call for Resource Guide Submission<https://www.ireadprogram.org/resources/summer-2025-level-up-at-your-library/call-for-resource-guide-submissions>

(Jackson County, please submit all your awesome game ideas from this summer! 😊 )

  *   FAQS:  iREAD FAQ's<https://www.ireadprogram.org/help/frequently-asked-questions>

  *   Past iREAD Newsletters:  iREAD Newsletter Archives<https://www.ireadprogram.org/resources/iread-e-newsletter-archives>

  *   iREAD 2024 Facebook discussion group: Read Renew Repeat Facebook Group<https://www.facebook.com/groups/840114277893390/>

This is a great place to share ideas and ask for suggestions for your 2024 Summer Reading program.)

  *   Pinterest: 2024 Pinterest board<https://pin.it/1NtsDSh>

Lots of great program ideas already!)

Lisa N Elliott
Young Adult Librarian
Tigard Public Library
(503) 718-2654
lisae at tigard-or.gov<mailto:lisae at tigard-or.gov>
she|her|hers

Work Schedule
Tuesdays-Saturdays

[cid:image001.png at 01DA3FDF.9562FBC0]

DISCLAIMER: E-mails sent or received by City of Tigard employees are subject to public record laws. If requested, e-mail may be disclosed to another party unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. E-mails are retained by the City of Tigard in compliance with the Oregon Administrative Rules “City General Records Retention Schedule.”