[OYAN] Find Your People at OLA 2024

OLA Conference Programs olaprograms at olaweb.org
Tue Mar 26 15:59:47 PDT 2024

Hi folks,

We wanted to highlight some of the social/networking/support opportunities
built into this year's conference. We know that being able to connect with
folks from around the state is one of the most valuable parts of the
conference, and we're endeavoring to provide a variety of opportunities to
do so.

Attached is a flyer/graphic for quick reference. Thank you for sharing with
colleagues who may not subscribe to the listservs!

*Quiet Sensory Space* - a dedicated quiet room with weighted stuffies, yoga
mats, coloring pages, fidgets, and more.

*Creative Social Space *- a dedicated room with Legos, blackout poetry,
zine making, custom badge ribbons, and more.

*BIPOC Affinity Group* - a space for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color
to share. * We ask that folks who do not identify as members of these
communities visit another session during this time so that this space
remains as safe as possible for participants. This space/conversation is
guided by a moderator(s). *

*Unpacking Live!* - a space for white folks to explore their places within
structures of white supremacy and actively engage in EDIAR (equity,
diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism) work. This space/conversation is
guided by a moderator(s).

*Game Night *- just for fun! Come learn a table-top game, play an old
favorite, or jump on a round of JackBox. Bonus: turn

*Early Career Huddle* - Being new to a profession can be confusing. If you
are in your first five years working in libraries of any kind, please join
us for conversation and a Q&A with some not-quite-so-new-anymore library
professionals.

*Neurodiversity & Disability Affinity Group* - a space for folks who
identify as neurodivergent or as having a disability to share.* We ask that
folks who do not identify as members of these communities visit another
session during this time so that this space remains as safe as possible for
participants. This space/conversation is guided by a moderator(s). *

*LGBTQIA2S+ Affinity Group* - a space for all queer folks to share. * We
ask that folks who do not identify as members of these communities visit
another session during this time so that this space remains as safe as
possible for participants. This space/conversation is guided by a
moderator(s). *

With all of these sessions, we have tried to make decisions about
scheduling and language choices to the best of our knowledge and ability.
We know that not everyone will be able to attend every discussion they
would like to, and we hope to provide many more opportunities like this at
future conferences. Feedback is always welcome!

Be sure to explore the full schedule <https://oregonlibconference.org/2024/>
for more social, division, and roundtable events.

Best,

*Taylor Worley* (she/her)
*2024 OLA Conference Programs Chair*
olaprograms at olaweb.org
taylorlgkw at gmail.com & 541-731-7101

   - If I have not responded to your message in three days, please feel
   free to reach out again.
   - I typically check this email Tuesday through Saturday, between 10 a.m.
   and 6 p.m.
   - If any of this information is inaccessible to you, I can provide it in
   another way.