[OYAN] Shoutout Friday May 3rd

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri May 3 17:52:18 PDT 2024

Happy Friday folks,

Welcome back, rain! There's been a lot of pitter-patter sounds on my roof today. I hope you also have a good soundtrack today and wherever the weekend takes you.

To close out this week, I wanted to shoutout a librarian you may have met last week at the OLA conference, Kathy Cole. Kathy and her colleague Crystal Bigelow came last Wednesday to share the wonderful Grand Ronde picture books with us at the Author Fair, many now in hardback for easy circulation! You may not know that Diary of a Wimpy Kid author Jeff Kinney set out last fall to find 8 extraordinary librarians and Kathy happens to be one of these 8! You can read more about that here:

Tribal librarian wins nationwide contest
https://www.smokesignals.org/articles/2024/04/25/tribal-librarian-wins-nationwide-contest/

Have a good weekend!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]

[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/bookwithme/misc/CalendarPerson20px.png]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/1c6ecfda2cf847cbb61fed6237b880f6@slo.oregon.gov?anonymous&ep=signature>
Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/1c6ecfda2cf847cbb61fed6237b880f6@slo.oregon.gov?anonymous&ep=signature>