[PL-Directors] Public Hearings on the State Budget

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Fri Apr 10 08:03:41 PDT 2009

Dear Directors:
The Ways and Means Committee has announced their hearings on the state
budget that I mentioned in my email yesterday. Here they are:

****
The Joint Committee on Ways and Means will be holding a series of public
hearings in different communities in Oregon to take public input on the
agency proposed reduction lists, as posted below.

April 20th ­ Lincoln City
Lincoln City Cultural Center
6:00 ­ 9:00 p.m.

April 21st ­ Portland
Portland Community College
Cascade Campus Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building Auditorium
6:00 ­ 9:00 p.m.

April 23rd ­ Salem
State Capitol, Hearing Room F
(Video links to communities TBD)
6:00 ­ 9:00 p.m.

April 29th ­ Bend
Location TBD
6:00 ­ 9:00 p.m.

April 30th ­ Ashland
Southern Oregon University
Stevenson Union, Rogue River Room
6:00 ­ 9:00 p.m.

May 1st ­ Eugene
University of Oregon
Prince Lucien Campbell Hall, Room 180
1:00 ­ 4:00 p.m.
****

If you are concerned about potential reductions to the Ready to Read Grant
program, I encourage you to attend one of these meetings and inform the
Committee about the importance of the program to your library.  Better yet,
have a trustee or other community member give testimony.

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301