[PL-Directors] Notes from Department of Revenue Meeting

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Wed Jun 10 14:21:17 PDT 2009

Dear Directors:
Attached are some summary notes of the meeting that the State Library
convened on June 4th with representatives of public libraries and staff from
the Oregon Department of Revenue.

I thought it was a good meeting and I appreciate all the librarians who
participated. I think the DOR got the message that there was a lot of
unhappiness with short supply of tax forms this year. The meeting generated
some ideas to improve things next year and I am hoping DOR will take some of
these suggestions. I have asked to be informed about any changes they plan
to make.

I think we should see how it goes in 2010, and if we are still having
problems with this we might consider working with the Oregon Library
Association to bring our problems to the attention of the Legislature in
2011. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it is important that we look out
for our interests and not have to accept a situation that is similar to an
"unfunded mandate."

Please let me know if you have questions about this. --> Jim

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301