[PL-Directors] An Opportunity to get money to attend the PLA conference in Portland!

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Mon Oct 12 10:00:04 PDT 2009

The Oregon Library Association has a great deal for you!!!

If your Oregon public library serves 10,000 people or less you could get $500 to cover (or help cover) your expenses to attend the national Public Library Association Conference March 23-27, 2010 in Portland!   http://www.placonference.org//general_information.cfm

The PLA conference is considered one of the best library conferences ever and OLA and the HOLA (Helping Oregon Libraries Achieve) committee can make it possible for you to attend.

The HOLA committee has $10,000 to provide stipends to public library staff serving in communities of 10,000 population or less to attend PLA.    We have to spend it this year and we want you to benefit.  Those who aren't already OLA members will be eligible for a paid OLA membership as well.   You just have to apply by November 6th.

Even if you've already registered for PLA, you can still apply for the stipend!   This is such a great opportunity to get an easy $500, don't miss out.

Here's all you do:
     Fill out the brief application below and return it to me.
THAT'S IT.  HOW EASY IS THAT TO GET $500?!?!?!?!      DO IT TODAY!!!!

1. Library Name:
2. Employee participating in HOLA  (your full name):
3. Phone number you can most easily be reached at:
4. Your email address:
5. Your job title:
6. Population served by your library, per the state library report:
7. Have you ever been an OLA member?
8. Have you ever attended an OLA or PLA conference?

E-mail completed applications to:
Leah Griffith      leah.griffith at newbergoregon.gov

Applications must be received by November 6, 2009.

Winners will also attend the OLA dinner on Wednesday evening of the PLA conference and have the opportunity to be partnered with a "coach/mentor" to give some background and info on what attending a national conference is like and have lunch with as well.

Please feel free to forward this to other library lists where you think people might see it.  We want everyone to be aware of this great opportunity.

Leah
Leah M. Griffith, Director     & HOLA Committee Member
Newberg Public Library
503 E. Hancock Street     Newberg, OR   97132
P 503-537-1256     F 503-538-9720