[PL-Directors] Governor's Recommended Budget and Ready to Read

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Thu Dec 6 16:32:38 PST 2012

Hello all-
The Governor's Recommended Budget was released last Friday and it contains good news for the Ready to Read Grant program. We requested and he is recommending to the Legislature that the allocation for 2013-2014 be increased to include 15 - 17 year olds. We requested this in support of the Governor's 40-40-20 goal and the OregonReads initiative.  I don't have exact numbers just yet, our business manager is working on getting me a precise number.  When we get that we will send out a chart of anticipated Ready to Read grants in 2013-14.
Now, remember that this budget goes through the Legislative process in 2013 before the budget is  approved. So, don't bet the farm on this :) The other caveat is that the State Library has been instructed to re-organize and the second year of our 13-15 budget has not been allocated pending that re-organization.
For a bit more detail see my blog post: https://snippetsfromthestatelibrarian.wordpress.com/
If you have questions or concerns please let me know.
Thanks,
MaryKay

MaryKay Dahlgreen
State Librarian