[PL-Directors] public library data stars - survey due Oct 1

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Fri Sep 13 12:54:30 PDT 2013

As you know, the public library statistics collection for the fiscal year 2012-2013 is now underway and will be finishing very soon on October 1!

So many of us use data to compare libraries, check salary rates, and develop talking points about the library for our public.  The State Librarian, MaryKay Dahlgreen, uses these numbers to talk to the Legislature about the importance of libraries, and to secure Ready to Read grant funds.  Your data is sent on to be aggregated at the national level, so libraries can get traction to be included in projects such as broadband initiatives. MaryKay's September 3, 2013 blog (https://snippetsfromthestatelibrarian.wordpress.com/) shows a little of what can be done with your numbers.

Your library's data is important so we'd like to acknowledge those community-minded libraries that have contributed so far!

Submission is complete once a library has answered any edit checks and clicked the submit button under a tab on the status menu.

If your library should be on this list and isn't, contact me ASAP and we'll walk through those very last steps.

If you are still working on your survey, help is available. Try the FAQ at http://libdev.plinkit.org/faqs-for-state-statistical-reports.  Call or email early and often!  Call now - 503-378-5027 and ask for Ann.  Don't beat your head on the counter, pull out your hair, or put a staple gun to your temple.  Just pick up that phone and call!

Special acknowledgement goes to libraries performing way above the call of duty and got their stats in within days:
[diamondstar.jpeg]
Seaside Public Library

Vernonia Public Library

Wallowa County Library

The platinum star for those excellent libraries done more than a month early:

[platninum star.jpg]

Bandon Public Library

Brownsville Community Library

Chetco Community Public Library

Curry Public Library District

Enterprise City Library

Flora M Laird Memorial Library

Hermiston Public Library

Joseph City Library

Junction City Public Library

Silver Falls Library District

Siuslaw Public Library District

Springfield Public Library

The Dalles-Wasco County Library

Wallowa Public Library

Wasco County Library Service District

Weston Public Library

Willamina Public Library

Woodburn Public Library

Yachats Public Library

The gold star goes to terrific libraries done before or on the annual deadline (so far....):
[goldstar2.gif]

Astoria Public Library

Canby Public Library

Dufur School/Community Library

Fossil Public Library

Harrisburg Public Library

Langlois District Library

Nyssa Public Library

Port Orford District Library

Umatilla Public Library

Washington County Cooperative Library Services

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Oregon State Library
Library Development Services
250 Winter St.