[PL-Directors] Why YOU should attend Project Outcome training
darci.hanning at state.or.us
Mon Sep 11 07:35:28 PDT 2017
I'm forwarding the following on behalf of the Public Library Division and OLA. Please contact Jerianne Thompson if you have any questions JThompson at tualatin.gov<mailto:JThompson at tualatin.gov>.
Are you involved in your library's program planning, strategic planning, assessment, or budgeting? Do you need a better way to tell your library's story inside and outside the library? If so, check out these Top 5 reasons why you should attend the Project Outcome Regional Training hosted by OLA's Public Library Division:
5. PLD can help with your travel costs. Thanks to an LSTA grant supporting the workshop, we're making $250 travel stipends available for 10 library leaders. This training is open to any library staff at all levels. In exchange, we're asking you to lead a training for other library staff in your region. (More info below.)
4. You're already coming to the Directors' Meeting. Because you are, right? The PLD Directors' Meeting<http://olaweb.org/pld-directors-mtg-reg-sept-2017> is a great opportunity to network with and learn from your peers throughout the state, plus hear updates from the State Library and OLA. The Directors' Meeting will be held Friday, Sept. 22, in Tigard, cost: $20. Sign up today! http://olaweb.org/pld-directors-mtg-reg-sept-2017.
3. We all need professional development. Implementing outcomes-based measurement requires a mental shift in how you approach program planning and improves your ability to show progress toward strategic plan goals. This training includes hands-on, in-depth activities addressing your local library and regional challenges.
2. You'll get support beyond the day of the workshop. In addition to gaining access to online resources and training tools, you'll attend two facilitated online forums to help problem solve your implementation. Learn more about what the training includes: https://www.projectoutcome.org/ckeditor_assets/attachments/313/port_flyer_2017_v_2.pdf.
1. Because you need a better story to tell than your circulation statistics. Library utilization is changing. Outcomes answer the question "so what?" about the programs and services your library offers. Reporting to your stakeholders that 98% of moms feel more confident in supporting their child's learning to read after attending storytime is more compelling than your 8% decrease in checkouts.
Sign up today!
Project Outcome Training
Thursday, Sept 21, 2017
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Tigard Public Library
13500 SW Hall Blvd.
Tigard, OR 97223
Register here: https://ola.memberclicks.net/pld-project-outcome-training
Registration includes lunch, snacks, and coffee. Note: the $50 fee supports the scholarship fund. The majority of funding for this training is thanks to an LSTA grant. PLD and in-kind donations cover the rest.
Registration is limited to 60 on a first-come, first-served basis. Please limit to two per library.
Scholarships of up to $250 toward travel and lodging will be offered to 10 applicants. Scholarship recipients will be required to offer a Project Outcome regional training sometime before April 2018. Apply online: https://goo.gl/forms/fCeVRBfXuQfZWCYn1. Deadline extended to September 15.
Learn more about Project Outcome: www.projectoutcome.org<http://www.projectoutcome.org>.
Jerianne Thompson, Library Manager
Tualatin Public Library
18878 SW Martinazzi Ave. Tualatin OR 97062
503.691.3063 | www.tualatinoregon.gov/library<http://www.tualatinoregon.gov/library>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PL-Directors