[PL-Directors] Public Library Statistical Report - Update for 8/24/2020

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Mon Aug 24 15:41:12 PDT 2020

Hello Oregon public library directors,
I hope you are all hanging in there during this incredibly challenging time, and that you, your staff, and all your families are staying healthy.
Just like last year, I'll be sending out a general update every two weeks through October during the reporting season for the 2020 Oregon Public Library Statistical Report - and here is the first! These updates will include any general news and clarifying info about new FAQs I've been receiving, as well as a reminder link to our online guide<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/publiclibrarystats>, etc. Please email any time with your questions!

Most importantly this week:

*        You should all now have access to your library's online report form<https://collectconnect.baker-taylor.com/login.aspx> by using the login information I emailed to you earlier this month. We've also mailed a physical letter to your library this year with the same information.

*        For libraries with multiple branches and/or a bookmobile, please report branch-level data using the Google Sheet link that is in that email/letter.

*        Make sure to use Chrome or Firefox while entering data into your report; our vendor is no longer developing for Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, and there is a risk of data loss when using these incompatible browsers. Please reach out to me if that poses an issue for completing your report online.

*        Service Population (Question 10.01) has now been pre-populated for the majority of libraries. If your library is in Josephine, Lincoln, Umatilla, or Wasco counties, I plan to have your service population entered in the next few weeks. If you're otherwise done with your survey but am waiting on that one, please just leave a note in Question 10.01 (something like, "Ross! Get me my service population!), submit your report, and I'll update that number and clear the note when I can.

Virtual programming?

*        If your library has offered synchronous/live, programs, please include those in the appropriate program categories in Questions 7.03 - 7.10. Please do not include stats for pre-recorded/asynchronous programs. I realize this is not capturing the full COVID-era picture of library programming, but this reflects the national consensus for public library stats this year. Please look forward to new and more detailed programming questions in 2021. :)

Number of weeks / hours library was open:

*        Please report the actual number of weeks the library was fully open to the public in Question 8.15 (and in B11 (column M in the Google Sheet) for multiple branches). In most cases, Question 8.15 and Question CV14 (Number of weeks library was closed due to COVID-19) will total 52 weeks - please round each answer to the nearest week. This same logic applies to the Number of Public Service Hours (Question 8.16 and B10 for multiple branches).

Congrats to the following libraries who have (as of right now) already submitted their reports, and special kudos to Lili Schmidt, Director of Milton-Freewater Public Library, for being the very first!:

*        Milton-Freewater Public Library; Enterprise City Library; Crook County Library (way to go, Buzzy!); Brownsville Community Library; Union Carnegie Public Library.

Thanks for your hard work out there, and stay safe!

Ross Fuqua
Data & Federal Programs Consultant
ross.fuqua at state.or.us<mailto:ross.fuqua at state.or.us>| oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/stateLibraryOR/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOR/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/statelibraryor> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
COVID-19 info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus
[cid:image002.png at 01D67A2D.6AF1D940]<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
I live and work on Kalapuyan homelands.