[PL-Directors] [Attn: Rural PL Directors] Pilcrow Foundation Rural Public Library Grants

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Mon Jan 6 12:50:03 PST 2020

Hi,

"The Pilcrow Foundation, a national non-profit public charity, provides a 2-to-1 match to rural public libraries that receive a grant through its Children's Book Project and contribute $200-$400 through a local sponsor for the purchase of up to $1200 worth (at retail value) of new, quality, hardcover children's books.

... Libraries qualify for the Children's Book Project grant on an individual basis. To qualify for the grant, libraries must be located in a rural area within the 50 United States, have a limited operating budget, have an active children's department, and raise $200-$400 through a local sponsor...

... Annual application deadlines for grant cycles are 1 April and 1 October (postmark date). You do not need to send your application by Express or Certified Mail etc., as we look at the postmark date for adherence to the deadline. Grants will be awarded and grant recipients will be posted on our website by 15 April and 15 October...

Children's Book Project grant recipients who have fulfilled all grant funding requirements, including the final report (see Section X in the Children's Book Project grant application for details), may apply for another grant three years after the receipt of their previous grant..."

More information can be found here: https://thepilcrowfoundation.org/childrens-book-project/. Questions? Contact Karren Timmermans at pilcrowfoundation at gmail.com<mailto:pilcrowfoundation at gmail.com>.

FYI,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us> | 503-378-5011 | www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
[cid:image001.png at 01D348CF.6A72E0A0]