[PL-Directors] Get ready for the 2020 Oregon Public Library Statistical Report

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Thu Jul 16 15:46:07 PDT 2020

Hello Oregon public library directors,

The next Oregon Public Library Statistical Reporting season is right around the corner! We are aiming to open the online survey tool for your library on or around August 1. Please keep an eye out for another email and at a physical letter with details that we'll send out around that time - and some good news: the official deadline in the Oregon Administrative Rules is now October 31, giving you an extra month for reporting! :)

Our online guide to help you complete the Statistical Report is now updated and available (along with a PDF version) at: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/publiclibrarystats
There you can find a lot of information about changes and updates to this year's survey, including:

*       COVID-19 related questions (which will be asked of all public libraries nationwide)

*       New questions related to the newly established minimum conditions for public libraries (as outlined by HB 2243)

*       Our new method for reporting branch and bookmobile data (only for libraries with multiple outlets) - don't worry, I think it will be easier this year!

*       Other new questions and structural changes to the survey

I also would like to encourage everyone to update your library's COVID-19-related services in the Oregon Library's Service Status sheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11dVNf6jYUUMp_K88pm9UFby7tw0KFx49rtgpLNIhqqE/edit#gid=0> that my colleague Arlene Weible put in a plug for in an email earlier today. A lots of great info has already been reported there, so thank you!

Be well,

Ross Fuqua
Data & Federal Programs Consultant
oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/stateLibraryOR/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/StateLibraryOR/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/statelibraryor> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>
COVID-19 info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D65B88.9CA6DF30]<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>