[PL-Directors] Talking Book and Braille Library Advisory Council nominations open

Buzzy Nielsen Buzzy.Nielsen at state.or.us
Wed Oct 14 14:43:17 PDT 2020

Public library directors,

Please see Talking Books Program Manager Elke Bruton's message below. They're looking for a public library representative on their advisory board. If you or any of your staff might be interested, please contact Elke.

Cheers!

Buzzy Nielsen, MPP, MSI
Program Manager, Library Support & Development Services,
State Library of Oregon
Pronouns: he/him/his
buzzy.nielsen at state.or.us<mailto:buzzy.nielsen at state.or.us>  |  971-375-3486
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D5DB5B.50C9D890]

***********************************

The Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library, a division of the State Library in Salem, is beginning the recruitment process to fill the Public Librarian position on our Advisory Council that will become vacant at the end of this year.  We are accepting nominations for this volunteer position through October 30th, with final appointments being made by the State Library Board on November 6.

The Talking Books Advisory Council meets quarterly to yearly, and Council members can participate in meetings either in person, by conference call or Zoom.  Terms last for four (4) years, and members can serve up to two (2) consecutive terms.  The regular business of the Advisory Council includes hearing reports from the State Librarian and the Talking Books Program Manager about the status of Talking Books, advising the State Library Board regarding the use and expenditure of Talking Books donation funds, and providing insights and recommendations for service improvement.

A background in Outreach and/or Homebound Services is desired but not required.  If you are interested, please click this link to fill out and submit your nomination form<https://www.cognitoforms.com/StateLibraryOfOregon/PublicLibrarianAdvisoryCouncilPositionNominationForm>.  If you have any questions or require clarification, please direct reply to me or call me at 971-375-3509.  Thanks!

Elke H. Bruton, MLIS
Program Manager
Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library
971-375-3509 | www.oregon.gov/TalkingBooks<https://www.oregon.gov/library/print-disabilities/pages/default.aspx>