[PL-Directors] 2020 Oregon Public Library Statistics Now Available

FUQUA Ross * SLO Ross.FUQUA at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Feb 1 10:15:01 PST 2021

Apologies for multiple postings...

The most recent Oregon Public Library Statistical Report data for the FY2019-20 period is now available on the State Library's website<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries/Pages/Statistics.aspx>. A big THANK YOU to all public library directors and staff who collected and reported data for this effort (collectively, 1,770 hours of your time went into this)!

As in previous cycles, the latest Excel file on our website contains a sheet with the full survey data. In addition, results from each section of the survey have been separated into individual sheets in the file, along with a few per capita calculations for select data elements. Statistical report data from Oregon public libraries from the previous four fiscal years is also available on this page.

This year, we have also produced an appendix this year (PDF) of the narrative responses from libraries regarding libraries services during the early months (March - June 2020) of the COVID-19 pandemic. Survey instructions, data element definitions, and other information about the Statistical Report can be found on our Public Library Statistical Report guide<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/publiclibrarystats>. You can also find National Public Library Survey data (to which we contribute Oregon statistics annually) from the Institute of Museum and Library Services<https://imls.gov/research-evaluation/data-collection/public-libraries-survey> (FY2018 data is currently the most recent available).
If you have questions, or would like to receive the Oregon data in another format, please contact me.

Cheers!

Ross Fuqua, MA, MLIS
Data & Federal Programs Consultant
(he/him/his)