[PL-Directors] Opportunity to register for prepaid Infopeople courses, February 17 deadline

HANNING Darci * SLO Darci.HANNING at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Feb 3 09:40:23 PST 2021

Hello library directors,

The State Library of Oregon is pleased to announce that we will pay for up to 20 Oregon library staff (including yourself) to attend either of these two online courses being offered by Infopeople:

"Community Conversations<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=961>," running from March 16 - April 12, 2021.

"Inclusive Data: Why It Matters for Underrepresented Groups and How Public Libraries Can Help<https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=962&reset=1>" running from March 30 - April 26, 2021

Details:
This offer is open to all Oregon library staff; however, libraries are limited to one application (i.e. only one staff member per library may attend one of the courses below). Preference will be given to staff from libraries serving communities of 25,000 or less and for those libraries who have not previously had a staff member attend a prepaid Infopeople course through the State Library.

The staff member must be available for two interactive online sessions for selected course:

Community Conversations

  *   Wednesday, March 17, 2021 12:00-1:15 PM Pacific
  *   Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:00-1:15 PM Pacific
For more information on this course, see https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=961.

Inclusive Data

  *   Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 10 AM Pacific
  *   Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 10 AM Pacific
For more information on this course, see https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?id=962.

In order to gain the most impact from learning events prepaid by the State Library we ask that all participants engage fully (attend, participate, discuss and share). If your staff member is unable or not willing to agree to this, please be kind and leave a seat or place for someone else.

Participants are required to complete coursework (including interactive activities and attending the live sessions) and are required to submit the Certificate of Completion to the State Library. Failure to do so without notifying the State Library before the end of the course may impact participants eligibility in future State Library sponsored CE events.

Deadline
The deadline to complete this registration form<https://www.cognitoforms.com/StateLibraryOfOregon/InfopeopleOnlineLearningCourseFacilitatingCommunityConversationsMar2021> for either course is February 17. This is a short deadline to better ensure that we can process approved registrations with Infopeople before the course is full. If you have already registered AND paid, please fill out this form and indicate you have registered AND paid already.

Questions?
Please contact me!

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS (she/her/hers)
Public Library Consultant / CE Coordinator
darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:darci.hanning at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3491 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/playlists>
Continuing Education Resources: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/conted

[cid:image001.png at 01D6F97F.820AB170]